Friday 24 December, 2010

My Handwriting


Read This if The Image is Not Clear
In past 2 years the most hand written word by me is my name, in the form of signature that too mostly on the merchant receipts of my credit card purchases.

I haven’t seen my handwriting for years now. It’s not because I have not been working but because I have been working too much on my laptop.

For as far as I can remember the last time I wrote more than few paragraphs was at K. I still remember how much I cursed exams not only for the fact that they were exams, but also for the pain that fingers, wrist and forearm that they bestowed upon me.

As a kid I have seen many of my friends standing on the bench or getting extra marks because of their handwriting. I still remember the way we were told to write date on every page we write, to write page number at the bottom of the page, to write P.T.O in case we are turning pages in between a paragraph and many such things.

Today I have MS word to correct me, to put header and footer and in whatever fancy way I need. I can make my writing bold or italic or chose the way it looks. It’s so simple and easy, still it doesn’t have that feeling of nostalgia to it.

I have never been a fan of writing a diaries or keeping a journal, but the only reason I am writing this is to remember how my handwriting looks.

2 comments:

Auto Raider said...

Those were the days & those days are gone. Mr MS Word has killed our hard earned gift of writing....

mandeepps said...

Puneeet..I think you are one of those kids who got better marks because of good hand writing. and teacher always gave me poor marks because of my handwriting.
But you are right good or poor handwriting. I still miss those days when we used to write with our own hands.
I used to have chinese fountain pen and I still miss writing with it.
thanks for reminding those days.

Mandeep